Check Out What the SCDA Website Has to Offer!
Not sure all the SCDA has to offer you? Check out this website tutorial that will walk you through all the features of the SCDA website. This is also a great tool to share with those you think might be interested in becoming a SCDA member.
SCDA Webinar Proposals
The SCDA is expanding its educational offerings to include year-round access to live and recorded webinar presentations. By presenting as part of the SCDA Webinar Series, you will be sharing your experiences, challenges, and fresh approaches with fellow professionals from around the world.
Why should you present during the SCDA Webinar Series?
As a presenter, you will interact online with an audience of professionals who will learn how to apply your insights to meet their daily challenges. Many professionals will find the opportunity to present to a wide audience on their area of expertise gratifying and helpful for their career development.
Which topics will the SCDA Webinar Series highlight?
The following general topics are areas of interest for the Webinar Series, although other oral-related topics may also be accepted for sessions:
- Continuum of care for aging patients with special needs
- Oral and medical/physical conditions in adults with physical and cognitive disabilities
- Clinical care issues for patients at high risk for complications
- Access to care issues and solutions for patients with special needs - taking the dental practice to the patients
- Community collaborative practice models - Dentistry's role in interdisciplinary care delivery
- Ethics, advocacy and trends in special care dentistry
- Training the dental community to care for patients with special needs
- Advocacy and public awareness of the oral health needs of patients with special needs
- Patient Management and Practice Models for alternative settings
- Clinical care issues for patients with HIV, HPV, MRSA, VAP.
- Treatment Modalities unique to patients with special needs
- Clinical tips, including techniques and materials for treating individuals with special needs
- Online training sessions relevant to treating patients with special needs
Webinar Proposals need to contain a brief descriptive paragraph outlining the presentation as well as 2-3 learning objectives written to the continuing education standards. Presentations should be approximately 60 minutes long with time for questions. Please note: Presentations must be educational in nature and not include any sales, product or marketing information. Presenters are encouraged to prepare and present original material.
The Webinar Subcommittee will carefully review all proposals and will contact presenters regarding the status of the proposal within two months of receiving their submission.
Presentations will take place bi-monthly. Proposals will be reviewed and accepted year-round.
For any questions concerning webinar proposal submissions, please contact SCDA at SCDA@scdaonline.org or SCDA’s Webinar Subcommittee Chair, Alexis Gersten at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit a Proposal