Special Care Dentistry Association (SCDA) Presents
Oral Health for People with Special Needs
On-Line Education Course
Online Education Program
The 16-CE credit self-paced online learning program is located on a web-based learning management system called Sakai CLE hosted by the University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry. There are sixteen learning modules in total; each learning module contains a short description, a list of learning objects, the presentation and a self-assessment quiz. There is also a course tutorial located at the beginning of the course and a continuing education testing module at the end of the course.
Click here to view the list of each module in the course.
SCDA Member: $350
Accessing the Course
The online course can be accessed through the University of the Pacific’s Sakai CLE learning management system. You will receive an email from Sakai CLE at firstname.lastname@example.org with your Sakai login information with 5-10 days of course registration. Please refer to the Computer Manual for the Sakai link and instructions on how to access the various course materials.
Course Modules and Quizzes
Each learning module covers a variety of topics surrounding oral health care for people with special needs. The main components of each learning module are:
- Learning Objectives: Summary of take-away points from the upcoming presentation
- Presentation: a dynamic learning presentation surrounding a specific topic
- Handouts/References (if applicable): Additional links or downloadable files that can be viewed, printed or saved for further reference or additional learning.
- Self- assessment quiz: a short learning tool that is meant to be taken following a presentation, and includes 5-10 questions on key information covered in the presentation. The self-assessment quizzes serve as great study aides in preparation for the continuing education test. Please note: your quiz scores are not counted toward course completion for CE purposes.
- Continuing Education Test and Evaluation: The last module of the course will contain a Continuing Education Test and Evaluation. The continuing education test contains 20 questions in total. You must achieve a score of 75% or greater on this cumulative knowledge test in order to obtain continuing education credit. The course evaluation is required, and must be completed after you complete your continuing education test.
This online course is intended to be completed within a six-month time period to ensure maximum learning success. Below you’ll find the information needed to access your online education course. Your login information below will be active for 6 months from the date of this letter. You may receive an email from Jesse Harrison-Noonan at Pacific Center for Special Care one month prior to your course expiration date. If you need more time to complete the course for any reason, please contact SCDA Headquarters at email@example.com or 312-673-5369. Your will have access to the Sakai course materials for one year following your course completion.
The final module is called “Test and Evaluation”. This module contains your final test and course evaluation. This is the final test you need to complete in order to receive your CE credits. Please complete the Continuing Education Test and the evaluation in this module. This test will be the entire evaluation of your course completion. The self-assessment quizzes are used only for your individual learning purposes.
You will need to achieve a score of 75% or higher on this cumulative final test to receive CE credit. After you complete the test, please complete the link titled “Evaluation”. SCDA will use this information to review your course grade and process your CE credit. If SCDA determines your grade is below the passing grade (75%), you will receive further instructions via email on how to retake the final test. SCDA will send you documentation of CE credit shortly thereafter, or contact you with any questions if needed.
If questions or concerns arise during the course, please do not hesitate to reach out to our team.
General course inquiries: If you have questions about the course or your continuing education credits, please contact SCDA Headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-673-5369.
Technical support inquiries: If you have questions or need help accessing materials in Sakai, please contact Pacific Center at email@example.com.
Go to the online store to purchase this course or click here.
Special Care Dentistry Association (SCDA) is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERPT is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of counting dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. SCDA designates this activity for 16 continuing education hours.